HOW TO ACCESS YOUR TEMPLATE
1) Look for an email from Templett (check your junk mail if you don’t receive anything in your inbox)
2) Follow the link to access your template. You will be required to make an account to use Templett.
3) While you make changes, save your template.
4) When you’re ready to print, download the PDF or JPEG.
5) Print and trim your template (if necessary)
PDF - home printing or print shop. There is an option to add trim marks if you are trimming it at home (the ‘save paper’ option is to format multiple pages onto 8.5”x11” or A4)
JPEG - for photo lab or print shop
PNG - for text, email or social media sharing
WHAT CAN BE EDITED?
- All the text in our templates are editable
- Font sizes, colours and styles - you will have access to our database of fonts
- Additional text boxes and headings can be added
- You can upload your own images and photos to include on the template
- For some templates there is an option to add a back page for double sided printing
WHAT CAN'T BE EDITED?
- Any design-specific imagery or graphics on the template as these are locked in position (except photo templates which are replaceable)
- The size of the template - we can resize the template for you in the program
Try the demo here to get a feel for Templett:
Please note: Templett is not available on tablet or mobile devices.
TO UNLOCK OBJECTS IN THE TEMPLATE
Most items have been locked into position but you can unlock them by:
1. Selecting the object - it will have a red dashed border when selected.
2. Clicking the ‘down’ arrow next to the red trash can symbol on the top toolbar and selecting ‘Unlock Object’. When unlocked the dashed border will become blue and you will be able to move things around.
The only objects that can’t be unlocked or deleted are templates with patterned backgrounds or design-specific imagery - these templates will be specified in the product description.
**********BUSINESS CARD TEMPLATES**********
Everything in the template is editable and ready for you to personalise!
ABOUT THE TEMPLATE
All business card templates measure 89mm x 55mm which is specifically designed to be used with international online print service MOO. You simply have to download the file from Templett and upload it onto MOO’s website when ordering your business cards.
It is recommended that you download the templates as single-page PDFs. You will end up with one PDF for the front design, and one PDF for the back design. MOO’s online ordering system will guide you through how to upload these designs.
KEEP YOUR TEXT AND IMAGES IN THE SAFE AREA
The red border is to show the safe area so none of your words and pictures are cut off when printed. Please keep your design within the border. When you have finished designing simply unlock and delete the red border before downloading.
UPLOADING YOUR LOGO
Templett accepts JPEG, PNG and SVG files. Here is some background information on the different file properties.
JPEG: If your logo is in JPEG format, the background space will always be white. This can’t be edited and will print as-is.
PNG: If you have a PNG file of your logo, this will have a transparent background (depending on how it was created and if it was saved with transparency). This format is best if you are planning to place your logo over a coloured/patterned background or images.
SVG: If your logo is in SVG format, it will be transparent and the colours will be editable in Templett.
USING THE SOCIAL MEDIA ICONS
Each template comes with a set of social media icons that you can use in your design. These icons can be resized and you can change the colour. The only way you can use them is to copy (CTRL-C) and paste (CTRL-V) them onto your template. You can only use the icons on the same template ID (i.e. you won’t be able to copy and paste from one template to another).
Once you have finished your design please remember to delete the icons page or it will be included in your download file.
ADDITIONAL HELP ON HOW TO EDIT TEMPLATES
For information about editing the templates and the functions in the program, the Templett help centre can be found here.
HAVING ISSUES WITH YOUR TEMPLATE?
Contact Cassandra at email@example.com and we will get in touch to assist you.